Hello lovelies! It has been a few weeks without a Mailbox Monday and a week of me being incommunicado. So here is what I received in the last couple weeks.
I picked up a few on audiobook – one for review and two for personal reading:
- Triangle: The Fire That Changed America by David von Drehle (purchased from Audible). I am obscenely fascinated by disasters – I have hosted event weeks on the blog for the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake, the Titanic, and the Hartford Circus Fire. I studied the Triangle Fire in my women’s history class in college. I have wanted to get my hands on this book for awhile and now I have it (expect an event week in the future).
- Isaac’s Storm by Erik Larson (purchased from Audible). See the above description under Triangle for why I selected this book. I have already started listening to it and the narration and writing are awesome!
- The Typewriter Girl by Alyson Atlee (received for review). I was interested in this book before it came out and then when HFVBT offered the audiobook for review I jumped on it.
I had another Netgalley request explosion about 2 weeks ago – and all those books rolled in over the last week as well (why do I do this to myself!!!)
- The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin – Loved The American Heiress, and although I have heard some mixed things about this book, I’m looking forward to read it.
- The Butterfly and the Violin by Kristy Cambron – Hadn’t heard of this one before, but the blurb (and cover!) sucked me in. There is a giveaway for it going on at Goodreads right now (click on the link above). This may also be the first in a series.
- America 1844: Religious Fervor, Westward Expansion, and the Presidential Election that Transformed the Nation by John Bicknell – A non-fiction book set during the time of westward expansion in America and also looking at one of my favorite presidents, James K. Polk.
- The Queen’s Handmaid by Tracey L. Higley – I haven’t had the chance to read any Higley books yet, but I have been slowly collecting them on my Kindle and would love to read this one, set in the courts of Cleopatra and King Herrod.
- The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick – Elizabeth Chadwick…need I say more! This is the first novel in her Eleanor of Aquitaine series.
- The Ugly Renaissance: Sex, Greed, Violence, and Depravity in an Age of Beauty by Alexander Lee – The dirty underside of the Renaissance! Sounds delicious!
- Sisters of Treason by Elizabeth Fremantle – Fremantle is another author whose writing I enjoy and I’m looking forward to reading the sequel to The Queen’s Gambit.
- The Winter Guest by Pam Jenoff – I previously read The Ambassador’s Daughter by this same author and thought it was a good read – so I’m looking forward to this one too.
And nothing would be complete without my 2 random purchases from Amazon for my Kindle:
- Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland – Art Fiction!! I have had my eye on this one for awhile and it went on sale on Amazon recently so I snagged it.
- To Hold the Crown by Jean Plaidy – Jean Plaidy – enough said!
So what did you get this week?
Mailbox Monday has returned to its home base blog. You can visit the site to see what everyone received this week!
Copyright © 2014 by The Maiden’s Court